Welcome back to the reading world!
It’s that time of year again. You’re nervous about bringing them when you’re visiting the family.
That’s right. The stakes are high for bringing books home for the holiday…
All jokes aside, I love picking out my next read. Normally during the holidays, I’m worried about a careful balance of packing books to travel and making sure I end the year with my 5 star predictions. It’s the perfect balance of finding the right number of books, a variety of genres, what I’m wanting to read next, a few wild cards, and of course… being able to carry them all. Physics is the ultimate factor in my book packing.
However, this year being what it is, I’m in need of plenty of good books to keep me company at home between the video chats and such. For everyone else trying to navigate the holiday season this year, I’m sharing 5 recommendations for books to read while you’re at home for the holidays!
My 5 Recommendations:
- In a Holidaze for a book that’s Christmas themed and feels like curling up with family and friends in a cozy cabin
- Black Sun for a thrilling fantasy that takes the reader to a different world
- Pretty Little Wife for a debut thriller coming out at the end of this month that can keep you guessing as to what will happen next
- The Hating Game for a funny and charming romance that features two colleagues who have next level banter and tension
- All Systems Red for a quick introduction to sci fi with a humorous narrator on a fast paced and mysterious adventure- the next novellas and a full length novel are out in this series as well, so I’ll be spending some of my holiday getting further into the Murderbot Diaries
So there are 5 books I would recommend for reading while you’re home for the holiday!
What are your picks for reads this season? If you celebrate, I hope you have a happy holiday season! Thank you for stopping by.